Tuesday 5 February 2013

IN THE BEGINNING....

This is week 2 of my EDC MOOC course and already falling behind those who are going at it with Gusto. However one of the key objectives for me was to learn from the student perspective. One comment worth making is there is in my opinion too many social media platforms for information , exchange and collaboration. This makes the programme a bit overwhelming. I have decided to stick with Google plus, Facebook, Twitter (which I have reservations on due to the instantaneous nature of it) and the coursers site (which is best for me). The rest I will try to ignore as I have a weakspot for shiny buttons!

As there are 40,000 participants there is clearly a wide range of abilities and experience on display. One observation is there are quite a number of earnest posts demonstrating their mastery of the subject. It has been a while since a Baby Boomer like me has undertaken academic studies and I belong in the why say something in 20 pages when you can say it in a paragraph brigade. However I do appreciate the expansive thoughts and they definitely help understanding and perspective.
I am impressed with the materials and the videos are thought provoking. I also like the prompts to question.....prevents my mind wandering off! So far it can only be described as a positive experience to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment