Friday 8 February 2013

IS MOOC JUST A MARKETING TRICK?

Despite my time management I still remain behind schedule and on information overload! I plan a catch up reboot day this weekend. However I read an article and it started to grow a thought that was already brewing. 
Is this MOOC thing just one big con for the University's to funnel large amounts of hungry customers to a back sell product? It is a classic internet marketing funneling technique that has worked successfully for years!!
Added to that you have under the banner of content driven learning...an army (40,000) of researchers (sorry students) producing huge quantities of material for FREE!


So once you have all us hungry learners attracted by the offer of free learning ...we are hooked. Keep us warm through the learning and education process (remember most on this course have got high value attached to learning) Those that complete and receive positive feedback become hot and from suspects change to prospects...an offer to purchase is made.

Don't mean to be so cynical but it is a thought process that is covered in a debate that I will link you all into below. PS I am enjoying the content of the course I just find it engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment